Monday, July 4, 2011

Race Results WC no. 2

The last couple of days in L'Arg, France the 2nd World Cup took place on a long and quite flat course in the mountains about 15 minutes from Briançon.




On race day I was feeling prepared, with the training going pretty well (except for being absolutely knackered in FLR's) and I was feeling ready to race. The course for the race was quite basic, but was very easy to loose time if you got offline or stopped your boat in the staggers or upstreams. First runs for me, were average, but clean and no major mistakes. I made a lot of little mistakes which ended up costing me a lot of time in the end doing a 105.7 + 0.

I knew I was quite a way down off the leader, as I could of easily made up 3 - 4 seconds on my first run with basic mistakes. I went really well on the top of the course for second runs until around gate 9 and then I begun to make small - medium size mistakes going 0.5 seconds faster in a time of 105.2 + 0. I wasn't overly fussed with the placing or time but wanted to do consistent runs with no major errors, which i achieved, so was a good race where I learnt quite a few things about preparations for my races and runs.

After two days of driving, we arrived in a small town 15 - 20 minutes out of Leipzig, which will host the 3rd World Cup in 3 -4 days time. The course is artificial and I've heard is pretty good, not knowing for my self until tomorrow morning when we have training.

There is a fairly large New Zealand contingency here for the 3rd WC, with 2 K1M, 3 K1W, 2 C1M. It might not sound like a lot but is a decent number for NZ!

Weather in Leipzig here isn't quite what was expected, with rain and a chilly 10 - 14 degrees, which I think is probably quite similar to the weather in New Zealand right now..Website for the race is www.slalomworldcup.com 

Will try put a video of my race up asap.

Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment