Saturday, April 30, 2011

Home sweet home

I've been back in Tauranga this week after a heavy week of racing at the National Championships. This week I've been relaxing, letting my body recover before another heavy block of training before heading to Europe.



Things are getting a bit colder and ugly now with a lot of rain hitting the Bay of Plenty, meaning there's  flood runs up the Kaimais. To see a video of some decent sized drops in the runs visit, Cole's facebook page.

Ben Browns Video of the Wainui..



I've finally finished planning my trip to Europe this year, which will involve an itinerary as follows.. Flyout the 20th June heading to Paris via Singapore. The first race I will compete at is the 2nd World Cup at L'Argentiere, France. It's a natural course with is quite wide with quite a few waves and and small features. After L'Argentiere, I will head to Markkleeberg, Germany to compete at the 3rd World Cup. Markkleeberg hosted the Junior and Under 23 European Championships in 2010. It is apparently an awesome course, artificial, with a lot of features. With a bit of a break before the teen cups I'm sure I'll find some courses and countries to go to.


The first teen cup is held in Bratislava, Slovakia, the course which will be hosting the Senior World Championships for 2011, an Olympic selection race with London next year. Bratislava is a very impressive course and is home to some of the biggest stars in Canoe Slalom. The next three races are held in Liptovsky Mikulas, Tacen (host of World Championships 2010), and Solkan. All the teen cups and in Slovakia and Slovenia, meaning travel shouldn't be too difficult! I will go to see the relatives in Scotland, before heading off to the World Championships (as a spectator) to watch the Kiwi's race and try secure an Olympic spot for London 2012!

Video of the Courses above:

Bratislava
Markkleeberg
L'Argentiere
Solkan
Tacen
Liptovsky Mikulas

No comments:

Post a Comment